Ribbity Blog

baqqa mqarqra
A Frog's-eye view

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Tuesday, August 27, 2002
 
Well, I spent some time today translating a fascinating article from Al-Quds al-Arabi, an Arabic news service from London, about the machinations behind the negotiations with the Hamas and the Gaza-Bethlehem deal. Only when I got to the end did I discover that in fact it is a translation of a Hebrew article by Danny Rubinstein published in Haaretz yesterday, and available on the web in English! Well, I guess even Ribbity Frogs fall in to the Toad Trap sometimes. Comparing my English translation to the original Hebrew I can only say that they're quite close. Moreover, it was quite a surprise to discover that Al-Quds al-Arabi runs articles like that about Arafat.

The concordance is nearly read, so blogging should pick up again some time.

Comments: Post a Comment